Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Don Taylor's Rules of Engagement for Men

I think that I would have been better off in life if someone sat me down and told me what I'm about to tell you. The subject is girls!

Unfortunately my parents never taught me how to find the perfect soul mate. I had to learn the hard way. You see, my parents and Grandparents had the perfect marriage. How can I say that, because they had true love. I mean that the word divorce wasn't in their vocabulary. They knew that when times got rough, they just rolled up their sleeves and worked on fixing the problem. A lot of people in the world get divorced, especially if they are from Hollywood, because it was easier than working things out. I want to give you some advice on relationships. The reason I started talking about my parents and Grandparents is because I thought that every girl I met would be like my perfect Mom or my perfect Grandmother. Boy was I dead wrong. By now you might be wondering why I'm talking about relationships knowing that you may or not have a girlfriend. But I know the day will come when pursuing the smell of perfume will make you go totally blind. I'm hoping when you can't see your hand in of your face because you have the LOVE blindness, you will think of me and what I am telling you today.
Don Taylor's Rules of Engagement:
1. There are approximately 5 million girls that could be your soul mate. The challenge is to know which one will "fit" you.
2. Don't rush to meet your first girlfriend, it's not a race. I didn't kiss a girl until I was in my senior year in high school.
3. Don't think that it's the end of the world if your girl breaks up with you. Time heals all wounds.
4. Date as many girls as you feel comfortable dating.
5. There are two types of people in the world, there are the GIVERS and the TAKERS, try and decide which one is suited for you and avoid the other one like the plague.
6. You can fix a lot of things, but you can't fix STUPID. Be careful.
7. No matter what your heart tells you, you are not really mature enough to make a firm commitment until you are over 21 years old
8. Just as in Boy Scouts, you are expected to fail; nobody is perfect, as Mr. Chuck Martin would tell us, that failure is good because that's a great way to learn. .

How do you measure the health of your relationship?
1. Don't believe it when you hear that opposites attract. How can you become a best friend if you don't have anything in common?
2. No matter how you try, if you are not happy during the dating times, you will not be happy in marriage.
3. In any relationship, if you are crying more than you're laughing, get out of it before they take you away in a straight jacket.

4. You can never over communicate with your best friend. Always keep the lines of communications open.
5. One of the most important thing is do you trust her? Trust is everything.
6. You know all the points of the Boy Scout Law and you live by the Law. The Law and the 10 Commandments are the foundation in which you base your values on. Some people who are less fortunate than you might have a different set of values and if you are not careful, they will suck you to the DARK SIDE. Don't let that happen to you.
May the Force be with you man.