Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Oktoberfest with a Led Zeppelin Song




Stairway to Heaven by Led Zeppelin. This song is very special to me because I have a wonderful memory of it. I was at the October Fest in Munich, Germany. Believe it or not I was tired of the drinking so much beer and the crowds so I went downtown Munich within walking distance. In truth I needed to clear my head. In an entrance to a glass lined shop a young man was playing this song with a guitar. A crowd was gathered in the entrance to the store on the sidewalk and the young man was playing in front of the store door. There were about 15 feet of glass on both sides of the entrance between us and the man. Because of the echo his guitar sounded like many guitars. I was mesmerized as well as the crowd of people listening. I didn't want it to end but I had memorized the lyrics of the song and I knew when it would end. The crowd cheered and applauded his performance. It was awesome and I cherish the memory!