Tuesday, May 20, 2014

The meaning of the song Layla

Layla by Derek &  the Dominos

The three people involved are George Harrison,  Eric Clapton and Pattie Boyd. She is Layla.
When Eric met her she was married to George, it was love at first sight! She has beautiful blonde hair which is important later in my story.
Eventually Eric and Pattie got married and he wrote this before their marriage. 


The lyrics 
What'll you do when you get lonely
And nobody's waiting by your side?
You've been running and hiding much too long.
You know it's just your foolish pride.

Layla, you've got me on my knees.
Layla, I'm begging, darling please.
Layla, darling won't you ease my worried mind.

I tried to give you consolation
When your old man had let you down.(This is George! )
Like a fool, I fell in love with you,
Turned my whole world upside down.

Layla, you've got me on my knees.
Layla, I'm begging, darling please.
 Layla, darling won't you ease my worried mind.

Let's make the best of the situation
Before I finally go insane.
Please don't say I'll never find a way
And tell me all my love's in vain.

Layla, you've got me on my knees.
Layla, I'm begging, darling please.
 Layla, darling won't you ease my worried mind.

Layla, you've got me on my knees.
Layla, I'm begging, darling please.
Layla, darling won't you ease my worried mind.


Eric wrote the song Wonderful Tonight for her and you might know that is where she brushes her long blonde hair before they go to the party.
I love the meaning behind rock and roll songs!